guidelines for filing complaint
- A Complaint should be filed only in the form of the complaint given in the Annexure of Lokpal (Complaint) Rules, 2020. All the provisions of the Rules must be followed and all the documents, as prescribed must be enclosed with the complaint.
- A complaint can be sent by post, courier or by hand to the office of the Lokpal of India on the following address:
Lokpal of India,
Plot No-6, Phase II,
Institutional Area, Vasant Kunj,
At the top of the envelope, 'Complaint to the Lokpal of India under Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act-2013' should be written clearly.
- A complaint can also be sent by email to the e-mail address 'complaint-to-lokpal[at]gov[dot]in'. Complaints sent to any other address may not be entertained.The subject of the e-mail should be written as 'Complaint to the Lokpal of India under Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act-2013'.
- The Complaint should be written in English only.
- For the convenience of the citizens, a fillable form, based on the Lokpal (Complaint) Rules 2020, has been uploaded on the website of the Lokpal of India. A citizen has the option to use his form to file a complaint.
- If a complaint is filed through the e-mail, a hard copy must be submitted to the Lokpal of India within 15 days from the date of filing.
- Interpretation of Non-Judicial Stamp Paper